Sunday, November 20, 2005

A Cash Flow game on a Sunday afternoon



I attended for the first time a Cash Flow game at the exportbank bldg. I have heard of such gatherings in the past through Belen and have always planned to join someday. Through the multiply site, I learned of a recent gathering so I reserved a slot.

Was truly interesting. I have read (albeit halfway) Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Poor Dad. My ex boss, Ric, gave this as a birthday gift several years ago but only got to read it late last year (or was it early this year?). Got hooked on his teachings that I bought the other sets.

The object of the game was to get out of the rat race. In reality, I have decided to get out middle of this year. Typical of an ex-banker, I tended to be conservative and keep liquid so I was not able to get out of the 'rat race' fast in the game. It didnt help any that the profile of my group was risk averse so I tried following them :)

Anyway, was fun and the facilitator Jerome, shared several learnings, most of which were in the various books of Kiyosaki. Would love to be able to play the game once more.

By the way, the sunset was a sight to behold at the penthouse of the Export Bank.

No comments: