Sunday, February 06, 2005

Bluetooth for my notebook at last!

One of the reasons I decided on buying this particular notebook brand and model, besides having the centrino, widescreen and other top of the line features was the integrated bluetooth tech.

I could not seem to find this feature when I got home so I called the shop and asked me to bring it in. The tech person who attended to me cant seem to find it so he said he will need to call compaq first and he will get back to me.

Later when I followed up, he said the compaq technician needs to talk to me. After a week when I had time, I called compaq who just said I need to bring my notebook there. Huh? Excusez- moi I have no time for that so I called the shop and this time in my complaining tone said I refuse to undergo that hassle.

They said I can download the program from the site. No way! Its supposed to go with my unit and I demand that!

After a few days again, the tech person said he was able to download the program and if I could bring the notebook back. Well when I did he was on leave.

Last night I finally found the time so I called while I was on the road but bryan, my contact already left. Now I am seething mad because it has been weeks and I still don't have my bluetooth installed!!! I really want to offload data from my phone since memory is low and I didnt want to waste another trip to the shop!

I was angry and the person on the other line said she was new and didnt know about my unit. I demanded to talk to the manager and was made to wait a few mins. Finally a certain Chito got on the phone, mild and pleasant tone saying he will wait for me.

I brought my notebook to Electroworld again and left it for about half an hour so I can go to the ATM and pass by national bookstore. When I came back, they were still trying to install the program. It was nearing 8pm which was closing time and apparently another person who bought the same model was on the counter demanding for the bluetooth feature.

I think Chito and another technician were already on tinker toes. The advertisement of this latest model plastered all over the place said it had the bluetooth feature but now they can't find it.

I looked at my notebbok, the installation was done but said it can't detect the hardware. I was already fiddling on my fingers and irritation slowly rising. I started to dial a division head friend from Compaq. No answer just ringing. I was mulling then to give Nilo Cruz a call, the president of HP (which bought out compaq) and give my piece of mind about this product which their dealers cant service. I was already hungry since my south beach diet didnt arrive that day so I asked my dad who was waiting for me at Dulcinea to order some grilled fish for me. It has been over an hour since that order and I have not yet left the shop.

All of a sudden the technician who was also looking over the notebook of the other customer finally was able to detect the hardware! I went there and asked how and he said he just clicked on the find hardware. Chito went to my notebook and did the same and voila! It started to detect and found it finally!

A few more minutes of testing with my phone - sending and receiving then I heaved a sigh of relief.

Oh and I also inquired if they already have the supply of the new half size memory card. He gave me one but the brand was not familar. Fortunately, I learned from him that the new cards have a free holder which I tried on and apparently I can use to be able to insert the card safely to my notebook's card reader! That was also a great relief since Bryan, the person who sold me my notebook said, the half size memory cards will never fit in my 6-in one card reader. Huh? I asked, i thought it was a universal card reader and this is the latest model of computer? Then how come it will not accept this memory card?

Obviously he could not answer but Chito was able to. I told Chito, no wonder you are the manager of the shop :) Alls well that ends well. When I got home Nikka from HP texted since she just saw the missed call. I said I will just call her on monday to share my experience with their new compaq notebook model.


No comments: