Thursday, November 02, 2006

Mass at Hertiage on All Saints Day and herbal remedies



I had wanted to go to Heritage Park where mom and dad are laid to rest on both Oct 31 and Nov 1 but since I was really sick I had to rest the whole day of Oct 31.

I was still nursing a fever morning of Nov 1 so decided to shower and leave close to noon time. Dr Bob was kind enough to find me a priest who can say mass that afternoon which I was so grateful for. I know dad and mom had always wanted a mass to celebrate this special day for our dearly departed.

Once I reached the cemetery and set up all the tables, chairs, candles, flowers and food, which took us around half an hour, I sent the driver to don bosco in makati to fetch dr bob and the priest.

Beverly, her friend rosalie and aling Miguela arrived a few mins before 330pm and soon after the priest arrived with some of his scholars in tow and dr bob.

We had a memorable mass for Fr Ritchie gave a long and most interesting homily about the visionary Vasulla and the Lord's messages sent thru her.

Many of the people near our tent all attended this special mass.

After mass, father blessed mom and dad's grave plus those around it (lucky them) then partook some meal.

Father and his 'entourage' was brought back to makati maybe two hours later.

One of our 'neighbors' in heritage, I found out, was collecting articles on herbal treatments. She mentioned this since I kept coughing due to my asthma. She told me about her conction of Oregano which I previously knew but just forgot and of course the old reliable Kamias. I was amazed at all the clippings she was able to preserve through the decades. She showed me just one album since it was kinda late and hard to read. Talking about the wellness revolution once again................

No comments: