Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Scoble who?

When some of my colleagues and I were brainstorming on a possible Blogging Conference, Mike interjected asking our friends in Microsoft to invite its famous blogger Robert Scoble.

I immediately called their PR and mentioned the idea and name but she asked Scobble...who? :) I then said I will just email the request.

I checked on his blogsite and when I arrived home and a line in one of his recent posts, caught my fancy :

"Here's my thesis: companies that have lots of bloggers will end up making better products, will end up having better marketing and PR, will end up making more profit at the end of the day, and will be more likely to have more than one "hit product" and will be more likely to last 100s of years"

Read more of his posts here.

2 comments:

bizdriven said...

Maan,

Scoble is Microsoft's most famous blogger, and their " public" face.

He has been featured in time and fortune magazines, and is acknowledged as one of the premiere bloggers.

I am not sure if he would be open to come to the Phils. though I think we can try....

Mike Abundo said...

Scoble points out that Microsoft has 1,500 bloggers to humanize the corporate monolith.

I guess those 1,500 bloggers have a long way to go. ;)