Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Wellness Summit at Wiesbaden



Just attended a really great conference in Wiesbaden Germany last Oct 13-14 right at the historic Kurhaus. The past wellness conferences I attended were usually done in resorts but this time we had a more formal atmosphere inside the old congress building with its intricate architecture as can be partly seen from the photo collage.

You can feel and smell the history of the place which is located at Wiesbaden’s distinguished boulevard Wilhelmstraße right in front of our official hotel Hotel Nassauer Hof. Almost all of the top hotels are in the immediate vicinity.

The conference was organized by Messe-Frankfurt and I should say one of the best industry seminars I have attended so far.

I learned of the event quite late and almost didnt attend this but I had to meet up with my best friend and business partner Susan who is based in chicago. It turned out to be quite a fruitful trip despite all the preliminary snags.

My schenghen visa expired last Sept 20, my late mom's bday. I had to harness all connections in order to be able to secure a visa in less than two weeks. To top it all, I couldn't get a confirmation of my return flight to Manila due to some big event in china thats why at the last minute Lufthansa had to book me in Swissair and Cathay, with two plane changes in order to reach home.

I decided though to get down honkong for some business meetings that was supposed to take place early next year. At least I didnt have to pay for another plane fare for that.

No comments: